Friday 27 April 2012

Blogger Challenge Week 11 - Reflection

  Well here we go Week 11, thanks to Whirlsie
 
1. How are you feeling about the 12WBT program now that you have almost completed it?
I don't want it to end. It's been such a huge part of my life for the past 12 plus weeks. 
I feel very emotional just thinking about 12wbt, it's worked for me. I've finally put my mind to a weight loss program and its worked.

2. Looking back on what you wrote in week 1, did you achieve all that you were hoping to? 
Sadly no, but I still feel like I've achieved a lot. I still have a long way to go and I don't believe I've achieved even half of what I'm capable of yet.

3. Did you find that blogging was beneficial to your 12WBT journey? Will you continue to blog once this round is over?
Yes, Yes, Yes. I've enjoyed blogging and I believe it's helped me in a huge way. It's very therapeutic writing things down. It's helpful and motivating. I do plan to keep blogging and reading all the blogs 

4. Did your exercise go according to plan or  did you have to change it around compared with what you wrote in Week 1?
SIGH.....no! stoopid stress fracture. Before the stress fracture though I was mainly exercising outdoors, with the occasional visit to the gym and the odd at home session too. I liked it that way, a different location always kept me motivated.

5. How did your greatest strength help you this round? Was it as you thought it would?
I listed my greatest strength as my determination. I believe it has helped me, for starters I'm still here, I'm still losing weight. It hasn't always been smooth sailing, but I've owned every stuff up or blow out and I have managed to lose weight every week (accept for week 1 - I'm still reeling over that).

6. Did the fears that you outlined in Week 1 come to pass? How/how not? 
NO...Thank goodness. My biggest fear was failing. And I haven't!
7. What is the most valuable lesson you have learned from this program?
To be accountable. 
It's not someone else's fault that I am the size I am, it's mine and I'm the only one who can do anything about it.
It's not going to happen overnight, be patient, be consistent and it will happen.

8. In question 9 of the Week 1 challenge question, you wrote about your downfall.  How did you go with this challenge over the last 11 weeks?
I think I nailed portion control. I actually think I was a tad anal about it. I measured everything, I weighed everything. I would count bits of meat so I could divide them equally.
Sadly my other downfall, which is a glass or two of vino, managed to creep it's way back in around week 6 or 7 I think. But no where near as bad as I used to be, so I guess that's a small win

9. What is your biggest achievement since the start of the program?  What are you the most proud of?
I'm proud of the way I look now, even though I still have a long way to go. I don't hide the size of my clothes when I'm trying on clothes in stores now.
I'm proud that I actually stuck at this for the 12 weeks. I'm also proud that I understand that this isn't about 12 weeks, it's about a change of lifestyle.
10. Will you be coming back for another round of the 12WBT? 
Hells yeah! I am no where near ready to go this alone, but I think I may have to. My money tree washed away in the last storm.Every so often I need to be sensible and remind myself I'm not made of money. I'm hoping to sign up again for round 3, I'm going to try and do it alone in round 2. Well when I say alone I mean with the support of the 12wbt facebook community. But I can't actually afford to do 12wbt officially.
I'm very scared about this as I don't have that much faith in myself. I heard someone else say "I'll leave it up to the universe" and that's what I'll plan to do too. I'm a big believer of everything happens for a reason; so if I'm meant to do round 2 and/or round 3 the universe will provide.

Until next week
LJ x

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Response! You have done such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete