Tuesday 10 January 2012

New toys, first weigh in and Inspirational stories/people

New toys!! That sounds a bit funny doesn't it?

It's really quite innocent. My brand new Polar watch arrived yesterday, it's so pretty, naturally it's PINK! (With 3 boys in my life - 4 including my hubby- I often feel the need to be very girlie). I can't wait to use it. I tested it out yesterday and got my resting heart rate, which was around 75-76 beats/min. Which I believe is average. I can't wait to see how that improves over the next few months.

I also jumped on the dreaded scales this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to see I have stayed the same weight as I was 3 weeks before Christmas. I'm looking forward to that triple digit becoming a double digit. I don't think I'm quite ready to share my weight publicly, perhaps when I've got my head around a few demons.

I have been so overwhelmed by the support of the 12wbt community. There are so many people like me, who have the same issues as me, who struggle with their weight, who blame everything else besides the obvious for the way they are. There are so many inspirational stories and people who have achieved so much on 12wbt. I love how determined they have been and I've been so impressed with their phenomenal results. I've joined a local facebook group of other people doing 12wbt, the support on that page is amazing, as it is the forums, which I am reading everyday. This support is something I think is lacking in other weight loss programs. I don't want to say diet, cause this isn't a diet, it's a life style change, it's about taking responsibility.

I did this to me, there is no quick fix, it won't be easy but it will be worth it. I've read this a lot and I love it "Be the best version of me". I can't wait to be the very best version of me that I can be.

Something else I read on twitter (This isn't mine, I am just repeating it) "Don't count the days, Make the days count"

2012 is my year!

No comments:

Post a Comment