Friday 15 June 2012

Blogger challenge week 1

I'm a little late, but here we go ready to take up the blogger challenge again. Thanks to Jayne

1) Introduce yourself & tell us why your here?

Well hello my name is Melinda and I'm because basically in a nutshell, I'm fat, according to my BMI I'm obese, but I'm not as fat as I used to be. I am a different person to the person I was in January, not only am I 20 + kilo's lighter but my mind is in a different place now. I started this year as a shy, uncertain nearly 40 year old who ran the risk of not being there for the most important people in my life (my husband and 3 beautiful boys). I am now on the way to being the best version of myself and giving my boys the wife & mother they deserve.

2) Why did you decide to join round 2 of Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation?

Even though I came a long way in round 1, I still have a long way to go. There is still a pesky 20kg to bid farewell to and I still have a very, very long way to go with my mindset. In between round 1 and round 2 I felt very lost and very uncertain and I was a little shocked at how easily my old (bad) habits started to creep back into my normal daily life. This resulted in me gaining 3kg's in between rounds and I was beyond devastated. But I owned it, I know what I did wrong and why I put on weight. But I'm back and I'm here to embed this program in to my psyche and make this my life.

3) How have you prepared for the challenge?

I haven't really done very much in pre season. I did my tasks with little enthusiasm, until I got to my excuses; which was a huge turning point for me last round. I'd saved it till last even though I think it was task 2. Doing my excuses got me right back into the 12wbt mindset and I was pleasantly surprised to discover how much my excuses had changed in 12 weeks. I'd gone from 3 pages of excuses to 1 1/2 pages. In 12 weeks I'd battled many of my excuses that were holding me back and only a handful remain. Even though I know I still have a long way to go, I was very proud of this


Until next time
LJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment