- Tell us a little bit about yourself. What makes you, you?
Hmmm, what makes me, me? Good question.
Well I’m Melinda, I am a 18 year old stuck in the body of a nearly 40 year old. I’m a mum to three delightfully gorgeous boys (a.k.a cheeky monkeys). I am a wife to my childhood sweetheart and soul mate. I lead a blissfully happy life, most of it in my own little cocoon, where everyone is happy and nothing bad ever happens (naive, yes I know). I am a musical theatre junkie (I can never get enough). I often break into song and dance because I like to think I live in a tragic teenage 80’s movie, or I’m on stage in a tribute to my life. I love to sing and I love to dance, neither of them I do very well. I have a wicked sense of humour and I’m the polar opposite of PC. I tend to keep my opinions to myself as I don’t like to offend people and I’m not a fan of confrontation (accept of course if anyone was to hurt my kids, then I’m a tad over protective). I love social networking, cause I feel like I can be the real me. I’m painfully shy in person and I often think people think I’m rude because I am so shy.
- Why did you decide to do the 12WBT?
I’m fat! There’s no beating around the bush. I need to lose weight and I can’t do it on my own. I’ve tried so many times.I've looked at the 12wbt so many times over the past year and always talked myself out of it. Then I decided enough was enough and I signed up.
- What are you hoping to achieve through the program?
I want to love me again. I want to be the confident person I used to be. I want to be trim and healthy and fit again.
- Why have you decided to blog about the 12WBT? What will be the main focus (eg, food, exercise, a bit of everything?)
A little bit of everything. Blogs/Diaries are a great way to be accountable
- How will you be exercising this round? Gym, home, outdoors or a mixture?
Mixture. Mainly at home and outdoors, but I’ll go to the gym when I can
- What is your greatest strength that will help you?
I’m determined. My husband has also promised to keep me determined
- What are you afraid of?
- What are you looking forward to the most over the next 12 weeks?
Mind set lessons, fighting my demons. The yummy food
- What is your downfall? Food? Exercise? How will you overcome this?
Portion control and alcohol are my downfalls. I am measuring everything and sticking 100% to all the recipes. I have no alcohol in the house and I am avoiding situations where I might be tempted by a drink until I can learn to portion control my drinks (not just my food)
- If you had to pick one word to motivate you over the next 12 weeks, what would you choose?